from the archive - October 2012
September is coming to an end and october is slowly creeping in...the crisp air, chilly days and cold nights..they are here. This means I have to put aside the playful dresses and flowy skirts, cropped tops and short shorts...Time to think about layering, cosy and warm sweaters and cool pants. It's the only way to survive the cold winters we have here in Sweden ;)
I've mentioned several times before of how I love incorporating my summer wardrobe with my autumn wardrobe and on the photos above you can see how I've done it last year. I've chosen four photos from last october to use as inspiration for this year's autumn styling - hope you get inspired as well! =)
Crisp whites and creams, crochet, denim on denim, layering cardigans, chunky sweaters, native prints and patchwork are some of the key-styling tips I will use when building my autumn/winter wardrobe for this year as well! These are the perfect details for getting that boho/hippie chic feel even during the colder days!
Tell me, how does your autumn wardrobe look like?
Here are some detail snaps from some of my recent outfits! I'm a real jewelry fan and I consider myself a collector. It's like I have a small collection of tresures that I really care about and all the new additions are carefully chosen. My jewelry needs to be special, one of a kind and it has to make a statement.
I find that jewelry, wheter small or big, always makes a statement which is then presented to the rest in the way you wear and style it! Whenever I style an outfit, the jewelry is always chosen after some thought, since it needs to tell my story in the right way and "blend in" with the outfit to become one.
How about you babes? How do you wear your jewelry ?
Five from my favorite outfits from last summer! Lots os lace and crochet dresses, fringe, pattern, high-wasted shorts, vests and boots! Sounds just like me ;) Those are basicaly my "summer key-words", but this year I'll try to stir it up with paisley printed maxi-skirts, cropped tops and flower crowns =)
I'm completely fallen for these three outfits! Love that bohemian feeling of causal yet chic, especially since they're all styled with a knitted sweater and a hat/beanie! A knitted top will always give the "relaxed" feel in an outfit paired with pants or a skirt, adding the details like the accessories, gives personality to the look!
Would have to try something similar to this soon, I feel really inspired!
via various tumblr blogs
I can't wait until spring arrives! Love when we shirt from layers of warm, knitted clothes to layers of more flowy, summery pieces! Can't wait to wear oversized crocheted tips with shorts and just legs, or to pair my crochet skirt as in the second outfit. I've always wanted to style my leo-printed jeans as in a more sweet style, since until now I've been kepping the "edge" of the pants when styling , the third outfit is so close to my point!
I love sunflowers! It's my favourite flower! Love how bright and big it is...a real attention claimer. During the summer, I'd allways have a bouqet of sunflowers in the living room or the kitchen! It brightens up the room in a split second...just as this collage is also full of colour, wild spirit and joy! =)
via various tumblr blogs, spelldesigns.com; coconutandlime.blogspot.com; wheredidyougetthat.com
1. A charm bracelet with very personal charms. One for every special memory.
2. Love these rings, but "wrath" and "lust" are my favourites! Wouldn't mind them in my collection! =)
3. Oh! You know how I feel about boots..but I don't really have a high-heeled western inspired boot and these from Nine West are just perfect!
4. Gypset Travel! Have heard and seen so much about this book that makes it a must on my coffee table! =)
5. Love this whole look! From the playsuit (I guess) to it's print and the jewelry! Amazing!
6. This tunic is just great! It's in velvet, it's printed and has fringe! What more do a girl need ?!?
7. I really need a long summer vacation! Just to change my surroundings, to see a different culture and get inspired!
8. Flares! I'm not letting those go! I'd love a pair of white ones in lace! I'll try to get some custom made while I'm here =)
Less is more has never really been my time. I do have those days, but my life is all about more is more =) This, especially when it comes to jewelry, making a statement, either if it comes to big pieces or small, but layered ones. I love playing around with layering jewelry, styles, lengths, materials! That's what I love the most when it comes to styling an outfit.
What about you ?!? Are you like me or less is more when it comes to you ?!?
via various tumblr blogs
These are three outfits, with a very casual with a twist feel that I would try to "copy" and feel at home, anytime! =)
I love head pieces! I'm in the process of makinf one my self! I really want to wear a head piece with coins for New Years Eve and since I couldn't find oneI decided to make one =) Anyways, head pieces, complete and outfit by making a statement at the same time!
An outfit from december last year. I really like the flares, the paisley print peared with faux fur and the headband. It is really an outfit that I could copy any time! It is perfect as an outfit inspiration!
via various tumblr blogs, coconutlemonandlime.blogspot.com; amandamalm.com; thenativestate.com
1. Peacock chairs! I just can't decide if I want a white or a black one. The white will go so well with our home, but the black looks soooo pretty! =)
2. ManiaMania's jewelry...especially that zodiac ring...yum!!!
3. Printed kaftan with fringe! Yes please!
4. A pretty jewelry-box, like this one....where can I find something similar ?!?
5. Love this River Luna print! Want one for our bedroom...get it here!
6. These paisley printed, velvet flares are in my dreas since the moment I saw them! Seriously considering of getting myself a pair! From Gypsy Stardust!
7. Shells, shells, shells....
8. Henna painting! Really want to learn how to do this myself! It looks so pretty!
Found this text at Leana's blog and after I read it the first time it became like my mantra. I really fellt it.
With this I'm saying Happy Friday to you all, have a great one babes!
The perfect solution for any bad hair day! Works perfect during summer, when you want to hide from the sun, or during winter, when you want to keep your hair dry from all the snowflakes! I love hats, I just really ned a black sloppy one now! =)
What do you say guys, are hats your thing or not ?!?
via FreePeople's Blog and various tumblr blogs
I'm obsessed with bell bottoms, add tye dye and a cosy, fringe knitted top and a cardy and you get perfection. When I see this photo it makes me realise that I haven't used my ponchos for a while now, need to make a change there ASAP! =) Yes, I know, the third photo is kind of the odd one here, but it's there for one reason only - the boots!!! - would kill to have those boots right now! =)
I just love the feel of the last outfit. She oozing with that casual coolness that starts from the tips of her curls and ends at her toes! Great outfit all in all! =) WHat do you think babes ?!?
via various tumblr blogs
Happy Friday to you all! =)